Saturday, April 18, 2009

Maggie's Birthday Party

We held a small birthday party for Maggie with her other about to be 1 year old friends on Tuesday, April 14.  She was super excited to be at the Little Gym and was trying to hard to get into the gym while we waited our turn.

I just love that large bow.  It looks so good in her bald head!




Hitting sticks to a song.  The babies loved this!  They also brought out the air track, bouncy balls and of course the very popular bubbles.

We sang "Happy Birthday!" and the adults ate the cupcakes with Maggie.  I think all of the babies had a good time and got great afternoon naps when they left.

It was really hard to figure out what to do for a 1 year old birthday.  We only did family parties for Cam for his first birthday.  However, Maggie has quite a few friends in her age range, so I really was looking for something to do with them.  I think the Little Gym was a good location since everything was padded and I didn't have to plan any activities.  This was also good since it was so close to Easter this year.

Happy Birthday my little Cupcake.  It's so crazy that it's been a year since you were born.  We have done so much and been through so much in that time.  I keep comparing you to your brother, but am constantly reminded that you are different children in many ways.  You are already talking up a storm.  You eat more than your brother any given day.  And you just aren't too interested in walking.  At your one year check up, you weighed 20 lbs and some odd ounces, putting you in the 50th percentile for weight.  You were 27 and some odd inches long, which puts you in the 10th percentile for height.  Finally I can't remember the measurement on your head, but you were in the 25th percentile.  So you are a chunky little thing.  I just love those rolls on your legs and am constantly hearing other people say the same thing.  Every day you are finding something to investigate.  I am almost certain we are having to baby proof the house more than we did with Cameron.   You are very attached to me, but are also good at visiting with other family and friends.  I am confident that you will have a similar independence to your brother.  You love your brother and your daddy and get so excited when they walk into a room.  I can't wait to see what the next year brings for all of us.  It will be so exciting to see your progress as you learn to walk, talk more, and start MDO.  We pray every day for you.

1 comment:

Angie Campbell said...

Happy Birthday Maggie! I can't believe she is a year already! They grow soooo fast! She looks more like Cameron every day to me, with her smiles and expressions. You have two of the most adorable kids!