Thursday, April 17, 2008

Weird story from the hospital

The rooms here at the hospital are double occupancy. Luckily they haven't had a need for the extra beds so I have been sleeping in the second bed in Rebecca's room.

Last night before Aunt Bekah and Uncle Nick brought Kaiden and Zachary, I was laying in the bed closest to the door holding Maggie and watching the Bourne Ultimatum on my laptop (good movie). Rebecca was taking a nap in the other bed so I had all the lights off. About 30 minutes into the movie, the door to the room opens without a knock and standing there is a guy about my age in a baseball cap. He looks at me very quizically and begins to walk in the room. He peers over my bed and looks at Rebecca lying in bed with her back to us. Confused myself, I take off my headphones a stare at this guy.

Without me saying a word, he mumbles, "I don't think this is my wife's room." He then points to Rebecca and says, "is that your wife?"

I wanted to say, "no, I just snuck in here myself to watch a movie and hold this baby while that random lady is sleeping. By the way can go ask her to stop snoring." But all I could manage was a simple "yep." The guys manages an emabarassed "oh, ok" and steps back out of the room.

Very weird.

No comments: