
So I'm really loving Cam's time at art class and he is enjoying the work he's getting to do. On Tuesday they studied Vincent Van Gogh, and the piece above is what he created. They used oil pastels, which can get a bit messy. He had reds on his hands and his neck, not really sure how it got back there.
On Thursday they studied the printmaking which I found really interesting. The day was hectic and I forgot the camera or I would have a pic of that too. They "drew" into flat foam type boards, then painted on them, flipped them over onto the paper, and that was their print. I was highly impressed by the whole process and that he really seemed to get it.
It's funny to read the class syllabus because it says that the kids will "produce their own creative expressions." I think it's safe to say that 3-5 year olds are going to do their own thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment