Monday, May 12, 2008

Don't lock the dog in the car!

Okay, let me back the story up a little first.  Saturday night I absolutely had to hit the grocery store - no milk, little bread, that kind of "had to go" type trip.  Chris, David and Maggie headed over to see Gelynn & Aunt Sue while I shopped.  After finished my trip, I joined them too.  At the end of visiting, I decided I did not want to drive, so David drove Maggie & I in the van while Chris drove off in the car.  We stopped and got a late night snack (Taco Bell, yuck!) and then headed home.  At the house, I got out with the diaper bag, food bags and my cell while David pulled into the garage.  He followed me inside and I turned to ask, "Where's the baby?"  He promptly returned to the car and got Maggie out (poor kid) and tried to shut the van door.  It did not shut, and he asked me to hit the button on the keys, which I did immediately.  So, somewhere and somehow in those few minutes, Puck must have jumped into the van without anyone noticing.  So everyone goes to bed.  Of course I'm up at 3AM feeding Maggie and I hear barking, Puck's barking.  I start looking around the house, wake Chris up, look in the backyard, the front yard, opened the door to the garage but didn't turn on a light.  We searched high and low, finally went back to the garage and sitting in the driver's seat is Puck.  He spent 4 hours in the van, and this is all the damage he caused - 2 locks, a spot on the seat belt and a few torn diapers.  Poor Puck!

2 comments:

Angie Campbell said...

Poor Puck! I am so glad he is okay!

Sarah Babin said...

Poor Puck!