Monday, March 31, 2008

Grandma & Pawpaw Visit



Grandma and Pawpaw came to visit us Saturday and Sunday. When I say us, I really mean they came to entertain Cameron for a little bit. Pawpaw says that Cameron is sometimes the only person he thinks makes sense. Cameron loved having his Grandma and Pawpaw here and never stopped talking to them from the time he got up until the time he went to sleep. He told them about everything he had done, was doing, or was going to do. The took him to Wal-Mart and bought him this red, yellow and white boat. He described it to Chris & I as - "Pawpaw said you can have a blue boat or a red boat, which do you want?" Grandma says what really happened is that he had asked for stuff throughout the entire store and at the very end they finally gave in and let him have the boat instead of the million other things he asked for. One reason I don't take the boy shopping!
Cameron also had uninterrupted swinging time with Pawpaw, both Saturday and Sunday. Pawpaw is "strong, like God" is what Cam told me. I put a pic up of their swing time since that was probably Cam's favorite thing about this visit. He's really loving the playground that Pops and Dad built and gets time on it every day.
Oh, and I had to create a calendar just for Cameron when Pawpaw and Grandma left. It shows when everyone is returning to visit since Baby Maggie is coming this month. We've got a pic of Grandma, Pawpaw, Nana & Pops, Aunt Susie, and Baby Maggie on it so far. When Chris got home from playing golf yesterday afternoon, Cam thought it was Pawpaw coming back to see him. He was yelling, "It's Pawpaw, it's Pawpaw." When he saw it was Chris he said "Oh, hi daddy," no enthusiasm for dad. Chris told him, well Pawpaw had to go. Cameron told Chris "But he's coming back, come look!" And proceeded to show Chris where on his calendar everyone is coming to visit. Hopefully that will help him keep his hopes and excitement up for all the visitors this month. Especially the one that won't be leaving - Maggie!

No comments: