Wednesday, February 4, 2009

More Flooring

Chris has been working hard on completing the flooring as quickly as possible in the house. Keep in mind, he is having to clear out the room, rip up the carpeting, level the concrete, put down vapor barrier, then the flooring, install molding, paint the molding, then bring everything back in. He's done an amazing job and the kids have been very eager to help him.

The hallway


Maggie's completed room.
Chris showing Maggie the finer points of how you "Tap, tap, tap it in." (Can you guess the movie?)
Maggie thought the hammer looked more like a chew toy, much to Chris' dismay.

It's looking good, just two more rooms to finish, with the supplies we've already purchased. Later this year, we'll work on the dining room and office. The already have the laminate flooring, however, it does not match the new stuff. We hated to rip up something just because it doesn't match. However I think we've found a new home for the pieces we plan to pull up so I feel more justified in taking it out now.

I will say I'm totally in love with the floors that he's finished. I find myself just wandering into the kids rooms just slightly jealous that our room is not getting worked on yet. Oh it will be so nice to have all of that carpet ripped out. It's wrecked havoc on our allergies way too long.

5 comments:

Misty said...

It looks great!!!

Clarissa said...

WOW! The floors look AWESOME! Chris did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am lovin' your wood floors! I want some too.

Matt, Kara, and Hank (plus Teej) said...

Happy Gilmore right? Tap, tap, tap it in.

The White Family said...

Oooo! It DOES look nice! :)