Friday, February 13, 2009

Down on the Farm

We spent the last weekend in January out at Grandma & Pawpaw's farm near Caldwell. We got to walk out farther on the property than we had before and Chris has claimed some of the back acreage as the perfect spot to hit golf balls.
Cameron tried to talk to the new calf, but it was skittish. I know he's not really a country boy because he literally ran up to a barbed wire fence. We all started yelling at him to stop, and he did in time, but it was scary for a second. I also had to explain mesquite bushes and then after that every plant could "hurt him." But on the good side he has no issues with going to the bathroom out in the wild. How easy it is for boys to adapt to that concept!


The boys had some time to play catch. Cam will start t-ball in March so he'll be needing lots of practice. He's hopefully going to get on a team with some friends that we have through church and our mom group.

Here's Maggie hanging out with Grandma & Pawpaw. You can see a bit of the barn they are working on in the back. It's slow going, as they are doing all of the work themselves, but it's going to be nice when they finish it up.


We can't wait til they get started on the actual house. I think both of the kids will really enjoy hanging out at Grandma & Pawpaw's during the summers. I can just see Cam mowing the yard on the riding lawnmower like I used to do. Ah, on second hand that's kind of a scary thought.

No comments: