Chris here. We just got the computer hooked back up yesterday at the house so I am sure Rebecca will be blogging again soon, but I just wanted to provide an update.
We are officially back home from our hurrication. We suffered some roof and fence damage and are still waiting for the insurance adjuster to call the right phone number. For some reason, he was calling a DFW number that I didn't recognize. We rode out the storm at my sister's house in Humble and then went to patch the roof at our house the next day.
We decided on Sunday that the prospect of a week without power and small children didn't mix well, so off to Austin we went for a great visit with Grandma and Pawpaw.
We went to the Austin Zoo on Monday where\ Cameron was fascinated with the two Prairie Dogs. He kept telling me that they were good diggers and he even named them "Clappy" and "Gubble." I have no idea where the names came from.
They also had quite a few small primates there and Cam and Rebecca had the following conversation in front of one of the cages:
Rebecca: "I wonder what kind of monkeys these are?"
Cameron: "Mommy, these aren't monkeys, they are Marmosets."
Rebecca: "How do you know they are Marmosets?"
Cameron: "They just are Mommy." Of course he was right.
Rebecca: "I wonder what they are eating?"
Cameron, without seeing the tray of food: "Marmosets eat fruit Mommy. They like bananas." Right again.
Rebecca: "How do you know this?"
Cameron: "I just do Mommy."
Rebecca: "Who taught you this."
Cameron: "Diego!"
I haven't laughed that hard in a while. I am glad to know that my son is learning something from watching all that TV.
On Friday and Saturday we went to San Antonio for a previously planned trip for Cameron's birthday. We enjoyed the wonderful San Antonio Zoo on Friday and Sea World on Saturday. Cameron and Maggie had so much fun. Rebecca will have to post some pictures.
Finally we returned Monday morning. Our power had been off and on throughout the week so we had a lot of cleanup with the fridge. But we didn't have to cleanup any debris in the front yard because our wonderful neighbors, Chris & Elysha Garcia, cleaned upon all the broken tree limbs and even mowed the front yard! Thanks again Garcias!
Hopefully we settle in with a return to normalcy again fairly soon. Although, I could definitely do without the 2 hour commutes every morning.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad you guys are back, and your house is in pretty good shape. :) Sounds like San Antonio was so much fun; happy belated birthday, Cam!!!
Love,
Joe, Erica and Quentin :)
Glad yall are back. Sounds like yall had a great time while away!
Cam is so smart! Are you sure he didn't get all his smarts from my class last year???? hahahaha
Happy Birthday sweet Cameron!
Post a Comment