Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our God is an Awesome God!

Yes, I am writing this at 5AM as it is the only time there is complete silence in my house!

I have to start this post with a little bit of history. 4 years ago Chris & I were not attending church, we were about to have a beautiful baby boy, Chris was traveling (a lot) internationally, and we were house hunting in Houston because he had just been told he needed to transfer. It's amazing what a domino effect a move can have on you.
Yesterday, we were blessed to serve some really amazing friends, Brad & Jenny Wims, that we met through church when we started attending about 3 years ago after we moved to Houston. The event was a success beyond our imaginations. The committee of men that worked to organize this event went into the day already exceeding their goal, they went into the day wanting to double their original goal. The Lord is amazing! He guided and directed and made everything possibly that we needed to happen for the day.
So I have a prayer I'd like to share.

Thank you Lord for the move to Houston, not only did it help us find our way back to You, it helped us find our way to another kind of family and support that we did not have before - a church family.
Thank you Lord for the amazing people that you sent forth to volunteer and play in the golf tournament yesterday. Without the support staff that willingly gave up an entire Saturday to help, nothing we had planned would have happened. I am so grateful that 5AM is not considered too early of a time to volunteer for people that we love. Thank you for putting people where they needed to be and placing them with happy hearts. Thank You for the amazingly beautiful (not normal Houston) weather we had. It made the golfers play much better, I'm sure.
Thank you Lord for Chris' family. Moving Chris' parents to Houston has been such a blessing for both of us. We both have wished for our children to have great relationships with their grandparents like we did with ours. Having David & Jeanne right around the corner puts us one step closer to that reality. They have added another support system back into our lives that we were needing. Chris' parents, sister and BIL were able to support our church family because they were so close.
Thank you Lord for my family. Although they could not be with us yesterday, my parents, aunt, and grandmother sent in donations that we were so grateful for. They have followed the story from the beginning and have hurt when we hurt and praised when we have praised. I cannot wait for the day that my parents are a little closer, like Chris'.
Thank you God for the amazing works you do. Only Your hand could help us raise the money that was raised for Brad & Jenny. Only You could light so many hearts to support our friends. Thank you for the amazing group of men that worked so hard with so much love in their hearts to put together such a major event in only 3 months.
We were so blessed ourselves to see how many lives Brad & Jenny have touched. People called us to volunteer, donate, sponsor and all had stories about their connection to the Wims family. A family this great deserves so much. A family this great deserves to grow old together. Dear Lord, please let Brad's next trip to Germany yield more than the last. We were so grateful to hear that the cancer had stopped growing, now please bless him with smaller or even disappeared tumors. I know there must be some reason you gave Brad this cancer, but I know you are also the one who has a hand in taking the burden from him. He is loved, he is blessed, he is needed here with us.
Our God is an Awesome God! I love that song and kept hearing it in my heart yesterday as I watched everyone. What He can do with our hands is so overwhelming.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WHEWOO! Brad & Jenni are very lucky to have you and Chris as friends! I am so glad to hear that prayers were answered and the day was a big sucess!! Your couldnt have asked for a more beautiful day weather wise!! That is for sure! Lisa

Angie Campbell said...

You all did such an amazing job, and we are all blessed to know you and be loved by you! We love you! The golf tournament was perfect, the weather was perfect, and the collections were a miracle in and of itself! God truly does answer prayers!!! He is sooooo powerful!