Monday, July 28, 2008

Cute Kid Stories

Sorry it's been forever since I blogged (10 days), but a lot has gone on in that time.  We've had grandparents move to town, started our summer MDO program, and lost our minister at our church.  I have two cute stories to share from the last week.  

The other night Chris made nachos to eat.  I was holding Maggie and he jokingly offered her one.  Well, it must have looked good because she lunged for it!  Now, if you've seen Maggie lately you can't say that I've been starving her, she's got rolls everywhere.  I can't wait to start her on foods because I think she's really going to enjoy eating.  But I think we'll start with rice cereal, not nachos.

My son is quite the comedian at church and just about every week we have an interesting story on his take of the Bible.  Mrs. Holly stopped me in the hall yesterday to tell me what Cam said during first hour.  I think the topic of the day was about loving our neighbors so I'm not sure how the kids got on the train of thought that they did.  Here's the conversation:
Cam: Mrs. Holly, when I grow up and get big, I'm going to be God!
Other little boy: Well, my daddy waved a magic wand over me and made me Jesus.
Mrs. Holy thought: Wow, we're just missing the Holy Spirit.
We've been trying to tell Cam that instead of setting his sites on God's job, maybe he could be God's servant.  He seems to like that idea too.

No comments: