Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Break 2011 - Lubbock

On Tuesday, March 15, we were able to head up to Lubbock for a little bit of Red Raider time.  We had lunch at Spanky's, well we had fried cheese.  Spanky's was a standard for us in college although I did get burned out on the fried cheese back then.  Now it's a great treat when we get to visit.



Brady's first fried cheese at Spanky's.  He ate the whole thing.
We headed over to campus to let the guys go to a baseball game.  Anything to keep Cameron excited about baseball.

We stopped by the Alumni center to get a pick in front of the Masked Rider.  We have a family pic in front of the same statue from about 2 years ago.  I need to post that one for comparison on the kids.


They were drinking blue Powerade and barking like dogs to "Who let the dogs out."  

Go Red Raiders!

Will Rogers & Soap Suds
After the game, the Chris & Erik took Cameron & Brady for a walk around campus.  They went past Sneed, their old dorm, through Memorial Circle, and over to the Student Union.

Dogwood's framing the bell tower.
The girls went shopping instead of hanging out on campus.  First we hit a scrapbook store and I had way too much fun spending money.  I found Texas Tech paper, tooth fairy paper & brads, and all sorts of other cute stuff that I'll put to good use.
Next door was a resale shop and I found a few new (well to me) outfits for Maggie.  Cindy scored on a great jacket for Brady for next season - only $1.50!
Finally we went out to a metal works shop with some fun finds.  Since I had to think plane ride and not car, I had to limit my shopping, but I found something I think Chris will really like.

Jailed Maggie

So tired she fell asleep eating.  When Brady got in the car he demanded the apple to finish off.
We headed back to pick up the guys and swing by Raider Alley to pick up a new shirt for Chris.  We tried to grab a snow cone from Bahama Bucks, but the location we went to had a fire the previous day and so they were closed.  Cameron was highly disappointed by this turn of events. 

No comments: