On Monday, March 14, we headed out to the mall to get Erik's birthday present - a new Rangers hat. He tried to slip in a Boston Red Sox hat, but Chris said not on his dime!
 |
| Erik, Brady & Cameron. Texas Rangers fans. |
 |
| Looking out the window at Lids |
Then we went to Murray's to eat lunch. They had all sorts of yummy things to eat, but what the kids liked best was Aunt Cindy playing "I Spy" with them. Cameron thinks he's so good at this game, however when it's his turn, he's bad about looking at the item he's "spying" so we could guess fairly easily. After our good lunch, we walked down a few shops to a cupcake place called Gigi's. Who doesn't love a good cupcake.
 |
| Take a look at Cam's mouth, he lost his 2nd tooth on Sunday. |
 |
| The selection at Gigi's was so good looking. Maggie picked the princess cupcake, of course! |
Afterwards, we decided to go fly kites in the park. Our kiddos have been begging to fly a kite really high and we thought for sure we'd have really good winds in the plains.
 |
| Brady trying his hand at kite flying. |
We only brought 2 kites, I guess thinking Brady wouldn't be interested. Silly us, of course he was interested in what Cam & Maggie are doing. Everyone shared pretty well though.
 |
| Chris was sitting here telling me this is such a relaxing activity and we should do it more often. I think both the kites fell right after that. |
 |
| You can always find a monkey in a tree. |
 |
| They were playing hide and seek. |
 |
| Brady loves to throw balls and I think we could recruit him for a little league team soon. |
Chris also brought along a Junk Ball set (?), so he and Erik could act like they can hit a ball really far. I did hit a few as well and it was pretty fun. Somewhere in there I started playing catch with Chris & he was impressed that I could throw and catch the ball. I did post on Facebook that it's kind of nice to know that I can still impress him with "secrets" about myself after knowing each other for 13 years.
We did get a bit warm at the park and needed down time to cool off so back to the house we went.
 |
Even the big kids needed a break.
|
Chris offered to make his fantastic pasta for dinner so we ran and grabbed all the yummy ingredients while everyone was having a rest. After we settled in for the evening, we watched Despicable Me. Our kiddos love this movie and can quote quite a few scenes, so they were glad to share it with Brady.
No comments:
Post a Comment