First, let me recommend that if you do not have a doggie door currently, do not put one in! This past year has led to all sorts of interesting discoveries of what can come in through a doggie door. This morning, we woke up, went about making breakfast, and all of a sudden heard the dogs going crazy in the backyard. I peeked out the door only to see 3 white furry things fighting on the back porch. My mind went to "How did another dog get in our backyard, again?" Oh, but this was no dog, it's was a very pissed off white cat. In trying to (from a distance) convince the dogs to come inside and the cat to stay outside, the whole mess of them ended up in the house. I was able to separate the dogs from the cat, but could not convince the cat that it's best bet was to return to the outdoors. It continued to hiss at me (as though I started this mess) and hover by the fireplace. After a sobbing phone call to Chris, Animal Control (they were not open), and one of Chris' cousins that lives in the area, I was finally able to find a rescuer in my neighbor across the street. She came over, grabbed the cat up and left it on our front lawn, which it refused to leave for a good 10 minutes. Poor Puck has a scar on his "eyebrow" that I doctored up and he seems no worse for the wear.
This is the second time a stranger's animal has found it's way into our house. Last October a pit bull from the neighbor behind us kept breaking up parts of the fence to come visit - 4X. The final straw being when it jumped into bed with Cameron and I one morning. Those neighbors were quite apologetic, but still who needs a 100+lb dog waking them up in the morning.
The doggie door is going to remain a closed structure for quite a while. With baby Maggie on her way I don't need the added stress of crazy animals coming to visit. And after she gets here, I don't' need anything deciding she looks like a tasty treat.
I called Chris this morning and asked "Why me?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment