Friday, July 13, 2012

CASE Camp - Week of July 8th

Most of our week has been filled with CASE Camp, and it has entertained and exhausted everyone.  I completely forgot my camera on Day 1, but can tell you that we started the day off forming pipe cleaners so that we use them to grow crystals.  On Day 2 the kids got to see their handiwork.


Then we played with baking soda and colored vinegar.  The kids were able to mix colors and make bubbles. 


 FInally we made marble art!

Day 3 was super hectic with tie-dying and animal wrangling!

Here's one of the great helpers I had this week, Priscilla.  

Maggie got to check out the animals before she had to leave for swim lessons.  As you can see, she was quite pleased with the turtle.

 I got a chance to play with the snakes that Crocodile Encounter (http://www.thecrocodileexperience.com/)  crew brought.
And, of course, Cameron also got to pet the snakes too.

We made big messes with rice, gel crystals and paint all week.  It was a great week of exploration and fun, even with constant rain.

2 comments:

Laura Odom said...

Oh. My. Word. I can't believe you held that thing!

Rebecca said...

Laura, he was a very friendly snake. He only grabbed my behind once.