Thursday, June 28, 2012

Travel Tuesday - Week of July 24

We didn't travel very far today since I had 2 extra kiddos, I'm only so brave.  We went to a a jump place and did a few fun things at the house too.




 
My friend, Sarah, has done these construction paper handprints with her family as gifts before and I felt it calling our names.  My nephews are on the left and my kids are on the right.  It sort of makes me giggle that Kaiden & Zachary's hands are so close in size.  And I'm not sure if we'll be able to get Lincoln to uncurl a hand and cooperate, but we'll give it a try.  


We also tried to melt crayons outside since it was very, very hot on Tuesday.  Our initial idea of just setting the canvas outside did not produce results, so we added a baking pan the next morning and the crayon began to run.

 

I'm please with the results of both.  The masterpiece on the left is going to require some additional melting at the bottom to get it to go into a frame.  The masterpiece on the right just popped right up.  I think the kids did a great job with their color choices and design.  
We learned about all sorts of useful things with this project - how heat conducts, solids versus liquids, and car safety (we put it in the van for an hour to see if inside a car would heat it up faster).

No comments: