We took a trip up to Dallas to go to the State Fair with our friends, the Maese Family, last weekend (Oct 8-10). In all the years we lived in the DFW area (even Chris) we never attended the Fair. I really hated that we missed that experience - I have a thing about experiencing the "touristy" things in the city you live in.
The men, Chris & Joe, got tickets to see Tech play Baylor and aren't we glad Tech won! Go Red Raiders! They even ran into a few other almuni they knew, at the game.
While the men had fun at the game, Erica & I maneuvered the crowds to have fun with the kids.
Barrel kids - Maggie, Quentin, & Cameron.
Got a pic in front of Big Tex, with a less than cooperative Maggie.
Okay, personally I thought the puppet show had some creepy looking characters in it, however my kiddos were enamored with these guys. Quentin shared my sentiment and chose to not take a pic with the Stars & Stripes guy.
Okay, personally I thought the puppet show had some creepy looking characters in it, however my kiddos were enamored with these guys. Quentin shared my sentiment and chose to not take a pic with the Stars & Stripes guy.She's so confused, you don't push a tractor, you ride on it!
Oh, we loved the baby pigs, they were so cute. They raced all around the cage and then came over and let the kids pet them. I could totally take one home.
Of course we had corny dogs. Maggie stole mine, little stinker!
It was super crowded and Chris says he's checked the Fair off his bucket list. However, the kids had a great time and despite the crowds I did too. I think next time (if I can get Chris to go back) we'll go on a non-game weekend.
Chris was so spoiled that weekend, I'm just going to call it his birthday weekend. He got to attend game 4 of the Rangers playoff series against the Rays. And then walked across the parking lot to see the Cowboys play the Titans. Even though both of those teams lost, David and he had so much fun at both stadiums. It was David's first time in Cowboys Stadium and I believe his comment was "That place was huge."
It was a good weekend with friends and family up in DFW. Sometimes we really want to stay for a whole week instead of just 2 short days. We just can't do everything and see everyone in such a short time.
No comments:
Post a Comment