Monday, August 24, 2009

First day of school for Cam

Cameron started PreK at a new school today and did really well. We went to the Parent Orientation and Meet the Teacher last Thursday and he didn't want to leave the school. His new teacher is Mrs. Kathy and she's been teaching at FCS for 4 years. With a little bit of prompting tonight he was reciting his memory verse for the week and even singing a little song about it. I'm excited that he's having such a good time.

Here's a quick shot of the teacher cans I made for both his and Maggie's teachers. Maggie can't start til she's 18 months but I gave her teachers their gifts any ways. Our friend Mrs. Sarah showed us how to put these together and they were the hit of the school today.
Here's the big boy in the backyard getting ready to go to school with Spotty the Frog.
How adequately Mrs. Kathy has picked out a mascot for their class - the monkey!Already getting to work! I love to see the boy learning and working hard.


So one down and one to go. When we went by Maggie's class this morning she was quite eager to get down and play we had to hold her back. I have a feeling it won't be any trouble at all to get her acclimated to school when the time comes.
Maggie is going to have a little boy in her class that has a huge peanut allergy. So we are at peanut free school again this year. I'm not too terribly upset by this idea as we have friends and family that are allergic to peanuts and peanut products. It's a challenge every day for those kids so I support the idea fully. (www.foodallergy.org)

No comments: