Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Trying New Foods

Maggie has been really trying to grab our food out of our hands and off of our plates. So we finally decided to let her have some. Here she's eating some corn on the cob. Don't worry, really all she was doing was gnawing on the cob itself.Here I gave her one of those feeding bags and she was chomping on a banana. She really likes this option as it gives her optimal control on portion size. She's also got some banana puffs on her tray. She's not great at getting them from the tray to her mouth, but big brother has been helping her with that.

We've gone ahead and moved up to Level 2 foods. Which does start to offer a larger selection. She does not like the meats, gags every time I try to feed them to her. Corn does seem to be a problem as well. In that earlier shot, later in the evening she threw up everything she had managed to swallow. Then at lunch the other day I had given her a jar of corn casserole and she threw that up. I've never heard of a baby having such a bad reaction to corn, but I guess it's just not for her.
She loves her veggies and fruits. Prunes, squash, carrots, bananas, apples, peas, it's all in the pantry for her to eat. And eat she does. She's moving up in the amounts every day. She has the weight to prove it as well. When I weighed her last week she was at 17lbs! I have a growth sticker from Cam's 6 month visit and he was right at 18lbs. I'll get Maggie's official weight at her 6 month check up in a week. I know everyone think she looks like a chunk, but to me she looks just like her brother did at that age. All lovey rolls for me to kiss on!

No comments: